Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some "melt damage" with my small motor invention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windshield

hi guys.i have some "melt damage" with my small motor invention.I buy a fake camera detector.the small (2x1.5volts)2aa batteries device work when the small sensor is activated.I leave the sensor and place over the batery case a switch to activate the small motor.when i place the switch it goes on and off for sure,but oops some mistake,the batteries became hot.they melt the plastic case.ok the motor work with the switch but for a little moment because the case turn over with some "melt damage"some help is welcome.thanks for the attention.

Re: some "melt damage" with my small motor inventi

windshield said:
hi guys.i have some "melt damage" with my small motor invention.I buy a fake camera detector.the small (2x1.5volts)2aa batteries device work when the small sensor is activated.I leave the sensor and place over the batery case a switch to activate the small motor.when i place the switch it goes on and off for sure,but oops some mistake,the batteries became hot.they melt the plastic case.ok the motor work with the switch but for a little moment because the case turn over with some "melt damage"some help is welcome.thanks for the attention.

You'll have to be more specific in describing your setup. From what I can make of it, sounds like a wiring error has the batteries shorted. Check your wiring to and from the switch. Driving the small motor (how small is small?) from the AA might be too much load for them as well.

I have a little fan that uses two AAA battery cells. When running, its current is about 1A and the little cells get warm.
If it falls over and jams the motor then its current is about 4A and the whole thing melts. A stalled low-voltage motor is a dead short. 8)

audioguru said:
I have a little fan that uses two AAA battery cells. When running, its current is about 1A and the little cells get warm.
If it falls over and jams the motor then its current is about 4A and the whole thing melts. A stalled low-voltage motor is a dead short. 8)

put a screen guard on it! :) What do you use it for, blowing solder fumes around for more thorough/uniform lung intoxication??

Optikon said:
What do you use it for, .... intoxication??
My little fan blows on me when I get hot and bothered. I have it on my computer desk.

Its two Ni-MH AAA battery cells power it for only about 45 minutes per charge.

Ever put an new alkaline or charged Ni-MH 9V battery in the same pocket as coins? Don't! :lol:

audioguru said:

I thought that a 4 A stall current was a bit high so I googled for the specs of AAA batteries. The short circuit current quoted is actually 8A, quite surprising, these little buggers pack much more punch than I would have thought! :eek:
AA batteries are quoted having a 15A short circuit!

I shall be more careful now when handling these batteries :wink:

Hi Klaus,
9V batteries contain six skinny AAAA cells. They don't have room inside for much chemical stuff, so their capacity is very small.

The Energizer C and D size Ni-MH cells have a little AA cell inside.
Their Lithium AA (non-rechargable) cells are awesome!
They sell all kinds of toys that don't use batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back