Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some kind of GSM module with trigger input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdneVmo

Hey.

I want to build an alarm system for my bike, so when someone touches the bike, it will send an sms to me.

I know you can buy alarm systems that can do these things, but i think they are expensive?

I will combine this with a GPS/gsm tracker/alarm, but, if they have a GPS jammer, i can only track with gsm, and that sux ;)

The best thing is, if i could get a notification, and then maybe make some james bond device, so i could take action, and have some kind of micro camera mounted on the bike, so i will be able to see what is going on.

Of course it is possible, but what does it take, and which components do i need?

I imagine some kind of universal GSM module/thingie that i can program to send SMS etc. if a trigger is activated.

Thank you.

You need a GSM modem, and a microcontroller to control it - commercial ones are reasonably priced - but if you don't consider your time valuable you could build one for less money, I'm currently doing so for a friend for a commercial application he's planning to sell (he currently has sold some based on motorbike alarms).

You might consider the same GSM modem chip we're using:

WAVECOM WISM0218 GSM Modem products, buy WAVECOM WISM0218 GSM Modem products from alibaba.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back