Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some IDEAS needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruzfactor

I need some ideas on my 3rd Year 1st semester project. I'm a student of mechanical engineering but I know that it's very tough to get pure mechanical projects for this semester. If it was final year then it was ok. So I need some ideas on electronics projects with some mechanical touch. Measurement, Not so complex robots project are appreciated. Help me out!

How about a place to start.
A while back I posted about a project that interfaced a inexpensive digital micrometer with a PIC. Maybe you could leverage that as part of a larger project. Should be easy to come up with one.

Is there any good project sites for simple robot with PC interfacing? Or any other project without MCU??

I don't see why it wouldn't work, it's simple enough but I'd replace the CD4096s with CD40106s which have schmitt trigger inputs.

I that the idea was you're suposed to design this yourself?

Any dummy could download a circuit from the Internet.

Also it uses four ICs which is alot, you could make it much more compact and cheaper by using a microcontroller or programmable logic IC.

What about learning how to program a chip to do this?

You could reference this circuit, comment on how complex it is and how you've made it much smaller by putting it all on to one IC.

Hi Ruzfactor,

There are many electronics projects ideas available in the Internet. Just go to Google and search for the projects ideas using the keywords like "electronics projects ideas", "electronics projects for engineering students", "electronics projects", "electronics projects kits", etc. Then you will get number of results of which you may get the required information.

Please find the following list of projects ideas for your reference:

Auto Intensity Control of Street Lights
Speed Control Unit Designed for a DC Motor
Auto Power Supply Control from 4 Different Sources: Solar, Mains, Generator & Inverter to Ensure No Break Power
Thyristor Power Control by IR Remote
Password Based Circuit Breaker
Programmable Load Shedding Time Management for Utility Department
Object Detection by Ultrasonic Means
Street Light that Glows on Detecting Vehicle Movement
DTMF Based Load Control System
Synchronized Traffic Signals
Pick N Place with Soft Catching Gripper
Fire Fighting Robotic Vehicle

The above are the few examples which may give some idea about choosing the electronics projects.

I hope this post would helpful to you.

Thanks,
Rakesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back