Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some help needed for a circuit idea for a project (Using LDRs and 555 Timers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcmanus8

Hey everyone,

I'm new just joined tonight :). I had an idea for a circuit for this project I'm doing and I was just wondering if it would work and is the best way to do so.

I was planning on having an LDR circuit which - when it was dark - would trigger a 555 timer in monostable operation to then trigger a 555 timer which was in astable operation?

I'd be needing the astable 555 timer to turn on for roughly 2 seconds, off for 16 seconds, then back on for 2 seconds then just switch off permanently. So I was hoping to do this by having the monostable 555 timer turn on for around 20 seconds. Is there an easier way to carry out this and would it work??

Welcome,

What is the LDR resistance? When illuminated? When dark?

Ahh I haven't actually chosen that yet, I was planning on going into my labs tomorrow to check what all was available. It was pretty much a rough idea and I was just checking whether it would be worth going ahead with it as I've quite pressed for time to complete it. I used a 555 timer calculator to figure out that I'd need the following value components.

Astable 555 - 2.2μF capacitor, 10MΩ and 1MΩ resistors
Monostable 555 - 2.2μF capapacitor, 1MΩ resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back