Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some Basic Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hello all, let me start of by saying about time we had a ARM part here.

I am creating some documentation on my site which will eventually be turned into a PDF for me to post about. Feel free to visit my site which is in my signature and click on "Knowledge Base"

From there use the side navigation and click on ARM. This site is new so bare with me :D

I'm guessing this started with your last post that was removed just as I was replying to it.

yep! you are correct heh. its nice to have a place for ARM now. Hopefully people will use it. I updated my site with new info and changed the categories a bit.

Ill be adding UART, SPI and the rest soon. Then after a while ill add some more ARM related ICs like LPC1313, LPC1114 etc...

I will of course add PCB and PIC stuff as well.

Just wanted to update you all, i have made the following information on the LPC210x series ARM available on my site
I2C, SPI, UART 0, Controlling Pins, The Clock

I would love some feedback :)

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the "Knowledge Base" now?
sorry for bring up a thread from last year but it would a nice information to have :)

thanks!

Darn, my "he has two arms" joke didn't work... :(

I like the look of the ARMs too, the more I read on PIC32 it just looks like a cheap nasty ARM copy with less ability.

I'm hoping TI's ARM cortex M3 Stellaris will take off, they look like a good future direction... :)

Heh lol i just got that joke :D but yeah arm is awesome... I just got a beagleboard xm and while its a headache to compile linux for it from almost scratch its so awesome!

Darn, my "he has two arms" joke didn't work... :(

I like the look of the ARMs too, the more I read on PIC32 it just looks like a cheap nasty ARM copy with less ability.

I'm hoping TI's ARM cortex M3 Stellaris will take off, they look like a good future direction... :)

I've used Stellaris before Luminary got bought out by TI. They have a huge lineup of offering with only a few actually available. I'm sure they probably stabalized now, but I'm not thrilled with their layout.

I would go with either STM or LPC1xxx. I use the LPC1xxx mostly myself.

Ill be adding UART, SPI and the rest soon. Then after a while ill add some more ARM related ICs like LPC1313, LPC1114 etc...

I don't see any decoupling caps on your lpc1313 board, are they on the bottom?

I'd put the comment on your wordpress site, but it wants my email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back