Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[solved]Repaire power of USB3 computer tuf gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartane

hi everybody,

I've shorted my USB while trying to connect to a bike.... (yep )
I found the ship that burned, but I can't read anymore the reference on it :eek:
(see pic)

5V and GND are shorted by the ship but once I:
1. "unsolder" the faulty ship [she broke in little pieces]
2. put an external powered USB hub
3. it work, I can use USB via the HUB

So My best bet would be to remplace the said ship.... but I can't find shematics for Asus tufGaming.

Does anyone have an idea of the reference of the ship ?
Or how I can find it ?

The computer : Asus tuf-Gaming TUF765DU-AU81T

My next step would be to solder 5 wire and check what I got in intput and try to deduce the role of the ship. But .. maan it's small ;p

thanks for you time and have a nice day

Jag

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 08.57.32(3) - Copy.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-03-18 at 08.57.32(3) - Copy.jpeg
    705 KB · Views: 207
It could well be the same type as the other five pin just down to the left of the damaged one - can you see a type number on that?

Indeed 3 on 5 pins are the same node :). (and at the same position :p )
on the other, I have the notation OK=3B2 (used just delivred digital microscope <3 )
I'm checkingif I found semethings with this reference :eek: (and hope it's not a ASUS internal ref :,()
)
I suspect the functional one to aliment the USB hub just near:)

broken one ::
[ A ] .......... [ B ]

[ 5V][GND][???]
USB

functionnal ::
[ A ] .......... [ B ]

[???][GND][???]

Attachments

• Image_2021-03-23 09_06_35_997.JPG
    Image_2021-03-23 09_06_35_997.JPG
    360.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
It could be one of this series, there are typically many similar equivalents for common functions like this:

Or this has the same pinout:

See if the pins on those match what you can see from the circuit, eg. the 5V in and out, ground etc? If they do, you should be OK using one; just try to get the appropriate suffix version to match the current rating of the port. The datasheets give the different current options.

Thanks for the guidance, the provided help is gold!

For wath I know, pinout seems to be correct :) still have to check some but don't know where is the 5V source:).
I ordered some. I'll try it once I recieved the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back