Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution for stepper motor driver ic burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is very hard to say. what do you meant by burnt. Can we please see a schematic of your circuit and are you sure your driver can supply enough power into the stepper?

To be able to help we need a little more information to solve the issue

I hope you can get your problem fixed,

Dave

That Slam board is very common. If you will have a look at Piclist or Pminmo, they have replacements with fairly high current capacity for pretty cheap. I use a couple under a 28 pin microcontrollers control on my CNC Plasma table for my Z axis controller. It isnt an elegant factory AVTHC, but it works well enough and saved me 3000.00 USD
Bob

without a schematic it may be difficult to suggest a solution. But these devices are quite rugged, and have safety features to prevent overloads.

Make sure the RESET pin is not floating, this causes the motor to lockup, and heats the driver IC. Ground loops could also be a problem, make sure the IC is grounded as described in the datasheet (take note of the +5 supply ground and the motor supply ground, the sense resistances etc.).

thanks
a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back