Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid state turn on device

Status
Not open for further replies.
KISS; I'm not talking about the radio itself...the poster asked where he should locate the circuit he is building. If he locates said circuit in the engine compartment, temperatures may reach above 100C. The inside cabin has much lower upper temperature extremes.

Now, to the lower extremes, the poster has indicated he lives in Canada. Depending exactly where in Canada, it can get pretty darn cold. Perhaps not -40C, but -20 to -30C may be fairly common. At least the passenger cabin will be warmer.

Lastly, water, fluids, grime....they will still be present in the cabin but at reduced rates.

That is the reason electronic modules inside the cabin can get away with a conformal coat, but modules outside the cabin have to be completely potted.

I figured, but one is not likely to put this in the engine compartment. After all, the radio is in the passenger compartment. Power antenna's can be anywhere. Front or rear of the car. Usually people put their amplifies in the Trunk/boot, depending on where you are.

So, passenger and/or trunk is the normal locations and that should be fine.

So if i understand correctly this time, the tvs diode and capacitor should be connected in parallel to each other, with the diode band pointing toward the 1amp fused 12v supply, and the other end to vehicle ground? I should then place this cap/diode combo on the input wires (12v and GND) that are feeding my little circuit?

Sorry if im asking too much, im nowhere near an electronics guru :(

Yep.

You have a +12 on the chip. The one labeled COMMON and a +12 to the relay your using. Finally you have a ground on the chip. The relay ground is through the chip, an output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back