Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solid state relays on DC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Hi.
Can solid state relays SSRs work with a 160V DC supply ?
I have among my parts bin
Opto22 MP120D2 (120VAC - 2A)
Crydom D2410 (240VAC - 10A)
Preferred brand MP240D2 (240VAC-2A)

The intention is to switch 160V DC at a 40Hz pulse rate into a non-inductive load, with a 5VDC square wave driving signal.
Did not find considerations on their data sheets about using them with DC .

What should I know about ?

There are SSR's that work with DC and that info is stated in their data sheet such as this.

Edit: AC type SSR's use SCRs to control the output current and thus cannot be used with DC.

Last edited:
The input may well work but as cruts says theres probably a scr or triac on the output, so on dc it will turn on with the firct trigger but just stay on till power is removed.
What you need is a transistor, you can get industrial iso modules, but you'll need some kind of driver.

The input may well work but as cruts says theres probably a scr or triac on the output, so on dc it will turn on with the firct trigger but just stay on till power is removed.
What you need is a transistor, you can get industrial iso modules, but you'll need some kind of driver.
There are SSRs with MOSFET outputs that will switch DC. Did you look at the one I posted?

Yes, crydom do some too.
40hz shouldnt be an issue either, and a non inductive load simplifies things too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back