Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solid state relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhtavallaie

Dear friends

I am working on a circuit which uses a solid state relay I could not find on the local market.

the relay operates with 10-30 VDC and switches a 45 ampere AC current(380 volt)

since the relay is activating every 5 seconds, a normal relay or even contactor is not a suitable replacement.

could anybody provide me with a practical circuit functioning as a solid state relay with above mentioned specification?

I would look into either Crydom or Omron solid state relays. Both make puck style modules that will suit your application.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hi

Thanks for yr advise .

Do you have any idea about how a solid state relay works .

probably triacs or other similair components are used to switch on and off a solid state relay?

Do you have a practical circuit for a s/s relay?

rgds
hadi

Solid state relays come in all varieties of switching device. You can get them with bipolar, FET, Triac, SCR, and combinations to produce whatever desired switching ability you need. Some provide automatic zero-crossing turn-on, or other states of switching, some merely turn on whenever the control signal is applied.

You would need to decide how the load needs to be switched. Is it AC, does it need to be switched on at the zero crossing? If it is purely a resistive load, and DC, your choices of components is different.

Any of the makers of these devices will give examples of what driving circuit is reccomended, and if any extra circuitry is needed on the load side ( snubbers, etc )

Switching a solid state relay on and off is very simple, you only need to pick the right one for the job, and operate it within its designed characteristics.

Without knowing what load and power/control source you have, reccomending any device is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back