Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldermask at Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTan

I'm looking to start solder-masking in place of generic spray acrylics to protect circuit boards. The problem is it's hard to find a reputable dealer that will sell in small quantities. My preference is a sprayable mask but I'll take whatever I can get. So my questions are:

1. Do you work with solder mask (or even silkscreening) at home?
2. Where can I find UV-curable solder mask? And is this the same as "UV photoimagable" solder mask?

Let's put it this way. It's about this and I need to know how to leave the copper pads exposed and where to get UV solder mask in the first place.

Hi DigiTan,

there is a german electronics freak who published an article about DIY soldermasks using UV-exposure and a special foil to be exposed, developed and washed off the solder pads.

I've lost the link and will ask my friend to provide it again.

As soon as I have it I'll PM you the link and also post it here (in case somebody else is interested).

Regards

Boncuk

Hi DigiTan,

here is the link: **broken link removed**

Check out the video.

It explains the procedures.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
That should work. I was leaning toward toward a sprayable mask, but the laminate looks easier to use than I thought.

I'm still having a tough time finding places that actually sell these in reasonable quantities. Most are wholesalers. I'll probably start with the company in his tutorial, but I would like a comparison just to be sure.

Just look up the table of required materials. It'll tell you the sources and minimum orders.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back