Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering Substitute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumieus

Is there other way to attach component to pcb/veroboard or any other board without soldering?

TQ.

Soldering just too hard for me because of my hand shaking alot + RM 10 solder iron :D

And this is my second attempt soldering same circuit and both doesnt work.

Breadboard are much easier~

A few suggestions.

Some people who shake badly can remain steady for brief periods of time. I do not know if it is anything that you can learn.

What works for most everyone is resting/bracing you hand against a still object to reduce the shake.

A few suggestions.

Some people who shake badly can remain steady for brief periods of time. I do not know if it is anything that you can learn.

What works for most everyone is resting/bracing you hand against a still object to reduce the shake.

Actually soldering helps to reduce handshake - the incentive is not to get burnt :p

I've had some really shakey hands with hangovers over the years, start soldering - steady as a rock - pick your tea/coffeee up, OUCH!.

Theres wirewrap too. I've never tried it but I've been told its decent.

Practice. I sucked at first too. It gets easier.

Just do a lot of practice soldering--maybe even just on bare bits of wire, scrap board, and so on. It gets easier.

Torben

Yeah don't try hand soldering 0402 resistors until you're confident with through hole components.

In fact - don't bother working with surface mount components if you suffer from Hay Fever or a cold ;)

I have seen a conductive glue.
So have I and it's very expensive because it contains a large amount of silver.

I don't mind most SMT parts too much, I often prefer 805 components on veroboard because they can be soldered under ICs and they save lots of space.

What I hate is lead free solder. I had to use it at a job interview and struggled but got there in the end. Unfortunately I didn't get the job because the other candidate was much more qualified.

Yeah. Really practice make perfect. I'm able to solder SMT components with only a soldering iron. My soldering experience is only 2-3 years.

Wire wrap is an alternative, but would be pointless with SMD as sockets are a problem. Besides, wire wrap is a royal pain if you make a mistake. It also forces a large volume to your circuitry, making a board up to an inch thick on the non-component side.

Dean

pop back a few hydos and get a better soldering iron.....
i did wirewrap for the first time a few days ago and it is great

Last edited:
There is solderpaste which you can apply and heat it. I think it is a mixture of solder and Flux, It works well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back