Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Soldering Really Really Small Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaris123

Hello,

Im not really good at soldering... I have this really tiny component that is the size of a pencil eraser with really tiny metal points to solder..... The size of a piece of rice.

Anyways who should i contact to get this down. i need about 4 solders on one componet

Solder wick is a guy best friend when soldering so for that small chip, first tin the pads on the pcb. Then carefully place the chip on the pad ensuring it is in the right place, by keeping the chip firm and in place solder the legs on the IC not worrying about bridges. Then get your solder wick out and run it over with the soldering iron and 'wallah' if you did it right no solder bridges and time for a beer as you finally got that first smd soldered....

001.JPG

That small zif socket is on the list for me to solder and the above method worked for me on a trail and yes that beer tasted good after.

Cheers Bryan

Surface mount device soldering? I use a hot air pencil and solder paste, no solder waste and no headaches trying to hold down a coponet and hold solder wire & an iron all at once. check smd soldering on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back