Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soldering broken solar cells

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i ordered the electronics goldmine "huge box of broken solar cells" was a huge joke the box was no bigger than a bar or soap. but thats not my problem
i can solder them i did every thing the tuts told me to do. but the back side(-) solder will not stick it will freeze to it but then just falls even when i sandpaper the back. even if i can get it to stick i dont get any voltages..... what is happening what can i do ????????? any options

You need more heat.

If the solder just balls up it's too cold. Solder should flow unless there's no flux.

ok so i ordered the electronics goldmine "huge box of broken solar cells" was a huge joke the box was no bigger than a bar or soap. but thats not my problem
i can solder them i did every thing the tuts told me to do. but the back side(-) solder will not stick it will freeze to it but then just falls even when i sandpaper the back. even if i can get it to stick i dont get any voltages..... what is happening what can i do ????????? any options
First, with respect to others here, are you soldering literally to the BACK of the cell or to the 'grounding pad' of silver that is normally found on the back of a whole cell? The silver pad is in fact sprayed molten silver, and you will NEVER get solder to stick to the back of a cell ANYWHERE ELSE. If a chip has no ground pad on the back it is garbage and you been sold someones trash bin.
When any ad spouts "huge, gigantic or awesome' size or amounts, email AND GET MEASUREMENTS OF THOSE TERMS. Just a heads up.
When soldering to the silver pads (if any) you MUST USE FLUX or they will not take solder.
luck is a poor insurance policy... but it IS cheap.

please tell me he isnt still trying to solder the cells!!!:D i would have given up after 12 months at most ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back