Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solder Paste questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphaai

Hello,

Do all solder paste contain both solder and flux?
Can anyone recommend good solder paste for QFN and standard smd components?
Thanks,

Ben

Most solder pastes should contain flux, but make sure whatever you buy specifically says that it does as solder paste is sometimes used to refer to flux paste with no solder in it. Solder paste comes in various grades, just find one from a manufacture that recommends their product for fine pitch SMD components, you should probably stick with normal 60/40 solder, unless absolutely required to use lead free solder.

Well at home im wanting to make some prototypes eventually that I hope to send off to a manufacturer to prduce a real production model. I believe I should start using lead free solder paste for my prototypes as well.
What solder paste should I be using for lead free solder?
Thanks,

Ben

Why do you believe you should be using lead free solder paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back