Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solder Eyelets or stripcard, what do you like to work with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon102

Hello electronic mates!!

I would like to know which card type do like to work with? Cards with solder eyelets or stripcards?
Perhaps also breedboards?
I worked with diffrent board types and for me, stripcards seems to do the job very well. It`s very easy to make a circuit with these copper tracks and also to correct it.
Solder eyelets has some negative aspects like doing the whole connections and circuit with copper wire. That
methode needs more solder and the joints from wire to wire can be very damageable. It also sucks that copper pads can detach from the card. That is really a problem

What are your comments on this ?

Greetings Charon102

Stripboard or Veroboard resembles a pcb in that you can replace parts easily without first removing the wiring then reinstalling the wiring like on a solder eyelet board. On Veroboard I can run two thin vertical wire jumpers under an IC to save space. Occasionally I "cheat" with a Veroboard layout and have a component's wire or pin share the same hole as a very thin wire jumper to save space. :lol:

Oh yeah,
If your solder pads detatch from the board then your soldering iron is too hot. Get a temperature-controlled soldering iron and you won't use an uncontrolled one ever again! :lol:

breadboard is good if you don't do alot of radio work.

I used to work with eyeley boards but it was A LOT time consuming. Now, i do my own boards using toner transfer technique and i have excellent results...

...At the point that i seriously think abour doing double clad boards using that same technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back