Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar USB charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzefasi

Setup: 330mAh@6V solar panel charging 4xAAA Nimh batteries (series connected). Iphone is connected to the batteries.

Can I simultaneous charge of nizn battery and iphone? what is the direct source of power charging the iphone? Do the batteries act as voltage regulator??

Any ideas to prevent iphone from drawing more then 500mah?
? [My bad. I would like to control the battery discharge rate as in no more then 1C.s this possible? How?]

Thanks , Huzefa

Last edited:
The direct source of power is the solar cell. The batteries will tend to regulate the voltage until they are fully charged. To prevent the iphone from drawing more than 550 ma, but one that is rated to use less than 500 ma.

Any ideas to prevent iphone from drawing more then 500mah?
? [I would like to control the discharge rate as in 500 mAh]

My bad. I would like to control the battery discharge rate as in no more then 1C. Is this possible? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back