Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

Can anybody guide me how to design a microcontroller and sensor based Solar Tracker? :idea:

trie without uController ;)

**broken link removed**

hi
wat exactly r u looking for
is it something like a solarpanel which follows the movement of de sun or any light source 8)

i think he is looking for a sun tracking solar panel system which is controlled by microcontroller... anyone can help?? coz i m doing the same project too...

use a comparator that compares the voltage of each solar panel. Simple. You don't NEED a mircocontroller, but having my mind injected with uC thinking, use one! analog is almost useless compared to a uC!

km,

Two LDR's (light dependent resistors) in series as a voltage divider, mounted on a hobby servo. A small panel seperates the LDR's. Feed the junction of the voltage divider to the ADC input of a uC. Drive the servo with the output of the uC. Program the uC to move the servo to point the LDR's at the sun to maintain equal light on both, so the small panel doesn't shadow one LDR. Use PWM, pulse period, DAC, binary or LED/LCD out from the uC to indicate the sun's position...or mount the LDR's directly on a motorized PV array and use the "error" output to move the array...if that's the end product.

Google solar or sun tracker...lots of other approaches.

Ken

In addition to what KMoffet says, take a look at the Taos TSL14S-LF light to voltage converter. Very handy package for the A2D input of a uC. Then let the software handle the motor control, hysteresis, etc.

You can use a green LED in place of an LDR for this sort of thing. There is a *lot* of info on trackers, just Google it.

km,

Two LDR's (light dependent resistors) in series as a voltage divider, mounted on a hobby servo. A small panel seperates the LDR's. Feed the junction of the voltage divider to the ADC input of a uC. Drive the servo with the output of the uC. Program the uC to move the servo to point the LDR's at the sun to maintain equal light on both, so the small panel doesn't shadow one LDR. Use PWM, pulse period, DAC, binary or LED/LCD out from the uC to indicate the sun's position...or mount the LDR's directly on a motorized PV array and use the "error" output to move the array...if that's the end product.

Google solar or sun tracker...lots of other approaches.

Ken
Please send me uC based solar tracker all document..Thanks..

e-mail: ismailihtiyar@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back