Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Tracker Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan

hello everyone
I have this solar tracking project and have some questions. I dont know too much about electronic

**broken link removed**

I've built this circuit but stepper motor is turning clockwise automaticly and continuously. When I take out both leds, motor continues to turn clockwise. When I light to the led straight, motor is starting turn anti-clockwise hardly. But lamp must close by led, it's not working in sunshine, turning clockwise continuously in sunshine. Other led isn't working in circuit, motor turning clockwise automaticly anyway :( It's bad for me
I've used
74hc86 as 74hct86
74hc14 as 74hct14
IRL540 as IRLZ44N
470K as 430K

Any idea??
Thanks

Last edited:
Looks to me that Q1/the schmitt gate is the problem. You need a deadband in the middle. Read my post here

Hi.
I do not understand what Led1 and Led2 are both doing to the same Q1. One makes it conduct, the other counteracts that :confused:

Hi.
I do not understand what Led1 and Led2 are both doing to the same Q1. One makes it conduct, the other counteracts that :confused:

It is not that the two LEDs are connected in inverse-parallel; it is that the signal out of the LED array is bipolar, going to zero when the illumination on the two LEDs is balanced. To detect the polarity of the error (in order to decide if to move right, move left, or not move), there needs to be TWO comparators; not ONE! There also needs to be three states; Step motor left, step motor right, don't step at all.

Last edited:
I coldn't do it correctly :( How can i create deadband in this circuit??
By the way I took circuit from redrok.com (Jamesley Dasse's Solar Tracker)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not quite I'm really amateur :eek: Where I must put the other comparator to?
Thank you very much for your help

Sample video from me

Last edited by a moderator:
This stepper solar tracker is my design.
See:
Electronic Projects
Outside of wiring errors I think the problem is in the
substitution of the 74HCT14 for a 74HC14.
The "T" parts have asymmetrical input threshold voltages
levels. That is why there is an input voltage divider.

If you work with the resister values you can probably
get it to work with the 74HC14.

I made 4 of these for Jamesly's project. All worked.
I also swapped in at least 10 different Schmidt triggers
and they all worked.

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back