Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Power + Strobe lights HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

etgalim

Hi :confused:
I need a schematics for a LED strobe light powered by a small solar panel. (5V? 12V?)

I hope this is only half dumb as I'm a product designer and my knowledge in electronics is... well... minor.

If you can help, I'd love to have the 2 circuits separated (solar power supply / strobe light).

Maybe I should also add that it needs to light about 20-30 UV LEDs.

Thank you very much!

ET:D

What are your power needs? If I remember, UV LEDs are 3.4 volts 20 mA each, so only about 3 in series for 12 volts. 30 LEDs, 3 in series X 10 strings is 200 mA. Think a 555 can barely handle that to flash them in astable mode. Your solar panel will need to be able to produce about 18 volts to charge a 12 volt battery, current will be something like 20% of capacity. How long do you want to have these LEDs flashing?

May I recommend something more efficeint than LEDs for producing UV? Use a blacklike cold cathode fluorescent tube.

Most UV LEDs aren't even UV but violet between 400nm and 420nm which does have a weak black light effect but won't illuminate all back light reactive materials and they're no too efficient either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back