Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Power Question =)

Am I A NOOB?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a more powerful solar cell, pure and simple.

Your calculator cell produces 500:mu:A at best and you need at least 500mA to power the motor.

I don't know what suppliers there are in India, Google will help you.

NOOBs connect an LED to a solar panel to see if the sun is shining.:D

You know those tiny solar panels on a cheap calculator? A real solar panel, not just a photo of one like some calculators have. They don't have enough current to light an LED.

ok.. you guys tell me that solar panel doesnt have enuf current in it to light a LED.. I got to light the LED with the help of solar panel.. now.. can i get that same current that lighted the LED to make the motor spin even a lil bit..

All you have to do is go on an epic quest for a motor which runs on an amount of current that is less than or equal to the current required to light a LED. If you can find or make one, then a career as an EE salaryman awaits you.

Such a motor already exist's, it's called a quatz clock mechinism.

How did you get it it light?

Is it bright or still very dim.

Even if you managed to get it to light at full birghtness(which would require about 20mA) you'd still need 25 times the current to make the motor move.

Why do you want to do this? It's a totally pointless exercise, even if you could get the motor to move very slowly (and you won't) what could you do with it? It wouldn't be powerful enough turn the tape in your Walkman or even power a small fan!

There are science kits for kids available with a solar cell that powers a motor that uses hardly any current. The motor slowly turns a fan. You can't feel air moving from the fan because the motor's power is very low.

This seems pretty pointless to me. I don't know why any one would actually want to do this.

Try using it to power a small quatz clock, then see if you have enough power to charge a battery simultaniously so yor cloak would never need a new battery.

Hero999 said:
.... so yor cloak would never need a new battery.
Would that be the "cloak" of invisibility?

audioguru said:
There are science kits for kids available with a solar cell that powers a motor that uses hardly any current.

But it doesn't use a solar cell from a calculator! - it uses a 'proper' solar cell, that outputs many times more power than a calculator one.

I hearby declare this post dead due to incessant wandering of topic. <RIP>

Sceadwian said:
I hearby declare this post dead due to incessant wandering of topic. <RIP>
The topic was a poll. We finished with the poll and now we are chatting and joking. This is a Chat forum, isn't it?

bananasiong said:
How about, use the windmill generating the dinamo to run a fan?
:D LOL T.T
Or connect a solar panel to an LED, shine the LED on the panel, turn the lights off and expect the LED to give eternal light.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back