Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar pir

Status
Not open for further replies.

delaw

Hi bought a set of solar pir lights for over my gates. they don't work when the gates open or close .
Is there any way to make the gates more visible to the sensor. Cheers

Hi bought a set of solar pir lights for over my gates. they don't work when the gates open or close .
Is there any way to make the gates more visible to the sensor. Cheers

You appear to misunderstand what PIR's do - they detect a moving heat source, such as a person. A moving gate won't trigger then as it's not warm.

That I did , Motion is motion , is there some thing that would heat up enough, as there is power to the gates , but not ruin the look of them

hi there the hope was that when the gates (auto) open or closed that the light would come on and if any one parked at them (witch it does ) So is there some that I
could put on the gates wired to the motors or not that would make the lights come on , Cheers

Easiest way is probably a broken beam detector, or simply wire lights from the gate controller (they usually have outputs to turn lights on when the gates open).

What this broken beam detector as if i wire the lights to the gates I would lose the lights if some one parks there

What this broken beam detector as if i wire the lights to the gates I would lose the lights if some one parks there

Just an IR beam across where you want to detect, and when the beam is broken the light comes on - again beam breakers are standard electric gate technology, used to open the gates (from the inside) when you drive or walk towards them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back