Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar panel Vs motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

faomari

Hi, I want to obtain maximum power point from the solar panel that is stepped down via a converter to a motor. Does any one know the relationship between the solar panel and motor. Lets say if my solar panel shifts to the left of the IV characteristics curve due to the motor load, and i want to shift it back to its max. power point. should i increase or decreae the votlage to the motor and why?

thanks.

faomari said:
Hi, I want to obtain maximum power point from the solar panel that is stepped down via a converter to a motor. Does any one know the relationship between the solar panel and motor. Lets say if my solar panel shifts to the left of the IV characteristics curve due to the motor load, and i want to shift it back to its max. power point. should i increase or decreae the votlage to the motor and why?

thanks.

Have you first established that your solar panel can in fact provide enough power to drive the motor+load ? If it can, draw a diagram of the setup & IV curves involved & upload it here.. it can shed some light on what you are talking about.

If you have a DC to DC converter driving the motor and it cannot supply the load, the solution is to reduce the load on the motor. Reducing the voltage to the motor won't necessarily do any good unless it also reduces the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back