Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar panel powered car

Status
Not open for further replies.

shobhan03

hello there,
i bought two solar panels having specs as 8vdc and 44mA. i wanted to use this to drive a motor of 6v and 200rpm. but the motor didnt run. i want to know, where i went wrong? in choosing the motor? in choosing the solar panel? i am not using any complicated circuit to make it run. dirctly giving the output voltage to the motor. if this is wrong,then how should it be?
thanks..

The motor likely takes much more current than 44mA. Thus you will probably need larger solar panels or a smaller motor.

Are your panels wired in series or parallel? If in series (think flashlight batteries head to tail) you'll have more voltage. If in parallel, the current will very nearly double. If your motor is current starved, changing the panel arrangement might help.

You need a circuit that converts the energy from the solar panels and stores it in a battery and releases it when the battery voltage is sufficient to drive the motor. With such small panels you will get a "hopping effect."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back