Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar operated timer - NEED Help Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

etgalim

Hello everyone!
I need help!

I have an idea of a product I'm designing to get accepted to a design school.
I need help since I have very little knowledge in electronics.

I need a circuit for a timer... with a twist (I think)

Should have a switch (click type), 1 Buzzer, 6 indicator LEDs, and I take it that some kind of Controller (I have no idea what kind) and should work with solar power.

Should work as follows:
You press the switch once - one LED is lit and the timer count back 10min. and then the buzzer will go off. press it twice - 2 LEDs are lit and it will count back 20min till the buzzer goes off... and so on up to 60min.

If 6 LEDs are too much for Solar power, 3 are also OK (30 min timer) or NO LEDs, but a "beep" indication for each press / 10min. time.

I hope it's possible :)
And thank you all for your HELP!!!

Take a look at the attached picture... Just to get a laugh :)

ET:)

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 162
Solar Timer

Your diagram should work fine but you will probably need a small diode between the solar panel and the question mark.

dave

erm are you going to take the examination board out into the school garden for your demostration ? else a solar panel is quite useless as a power supply. jus use a battery and look less pathetic

First read this https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/pic-newcomers-please-read-upd-0xd1.15035/

I would recommend Nigel’s WinPicProg .
Some of his tutorials are real close to what you want and just need some tweaking.
As was recommended here on the micro controllers forum and the first tutorials, the PIC 16F628A for $3.50 with 16 I/O pins, 2 comparators, no crystal or caps or compiler or UV eraser needed is a perfect place to start. I was up and running with lights flashing in a couple of days for $23.50.

You can buy PLCs to do this sort of thing but they'll probably use too much power to run off a solar panel. This looks like the sort of job for a PIC but you'll need to get a programmer (something I've got to get around to doing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back