Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Energy harvester, MPPT using FOC method ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mraiton

hi, i found the solar energy harvester circuit from a journal.. and i still dont understand in the mppt (maximum power point tracker) part and Vsc driven smart enabler.. can anyone help me?? here's the schematic

img811.imageshack.us/img811/4188/solarharvester.jpg

1. for mppt part, i dont understand how to connect the pilot cell to comparator. from the schematic, pilot cell is connected to comparator after passing the focv (fractional open circuit) method.. does it require any additional circuit or components like resistor or capacitor?? can anyone help me?? (give me complete schematic if you can please)..

2. for Vsc driven smart enabler, it's said that this circuit will enable the dc-dc comparator when the supercapacitor voltage exceeds the startup value (typically 1 V).. can anyone give the schematic detail for this enabler??

help me please..
thanks..

Electronic Projects
I hve actually built one of these.
Belive me, understanding the block diagram of this type of unit is actually the easy part. Building the sensors is the most difficult part...its a fidgety, time consuming process. The mechanics of swinging hige panels around to follow the sun is no piece of cake either

The basic MPPT principle is:

Sample the voltage and current coming in from the panel and at the load point (battery, motor, whatever). Do a DC/DC conversion, usually a buck converter. Optimize the power output going to the load by varying what you convert the panel voltage to. Continue to sample the output power (voltage*amps=watts), dither (test a new voltage point) and see if you got more or less power then adjust accordingly.

Microchip has a good reference design on their website. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/10/01211A.pdf

I'm not sure what the pilot cell is for in that diagram.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back