Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar Cells,NiCads and Controllers...CHEAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkim100

Banned
Ok... seems like the right time of year, as last year I posted pretty much the same message somewhere on the net. Last year, our local dollar store had rechargable Patio lights for a buck each...a huge bin of cosmetic seconds. This year I strolled into a local Dominion store to find 2 packs of rechargeable solar powered patio lights...2 packs for 3.00.
Seems like a pretty good buy for 4 nicads, 2 controllers, 2 big solar cells, and 6 ultrabrite white leds.
Keep watching the skys!....I mean sales!.
Kim
:D

The downside is those rechargeable batteries are low current types... often under 1000ma. so they won't last long in a device like a portable CD player or flashlight. A single LED is different tho. I've picked up discarded solar landscape lights that folks toss out. I scab them for the solar cells. Often the PCB boards are corroded beyond any parts salvage. Enough of them wired together make for a small charger to a 12v deep cycle battery I have connected to a 120vac inverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back