Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar battery charger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I need a way for developing project for charging 4 12V battery of electric scooter from solar panel please suggest just for proto type model ....how it should be done????

4-12 volt solar chargers.
Can you provid any battery specs?
I would guess 7AH SLA.

4-12 volt solar chargers.
Can you provid any battery specs?
I would guess 7AH SLA.
Hi
The battery will be 18Ah 12V please tell any procedure easy to make and charge 4 battery...

Is there anyway of making 12V to 48V converter ..??
12V AC or DC? 48V AC or DC? Please give all the details.

It depends on how much current you want at 48V.

If you want to convert 12VDC to 48VDC then use an oscillator at 12VDC that feeds a transformer then the output is rectified and filtered into 48VDC.
Instead you could use an IC designed to do it.

1 amp isn't very much. It would take 2 full days of sun to fully charge a 18ah battery. Seems 4 amp would be more reasonable.

Hi,

Yes i agree that 1 amp is not very much to charge a 18AHr battery. That's probably the absolute min required or something like that, so it could take a very long time to actually charge even though 18/1 times 1.5 is just 27 hours (a little over 1 day). It may take a few days to actually fully charge.
To find out, try charging it with a 1 amp power supply and see what happens.

But the sun brightness changes during a day. It is dim in the morning and evening but is the brightest at noon.
Unless it is motorized, the solar panel is not directly facing the sun all day, only at one time.
Clouds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back