Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soil moisture sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibghat

i want to design soil moisture sensor .....suggest any circuit ???help me out wat kind of probe i must use???

Welcome, sibghat!
Here's one that you may be able to use:

Soil Moisture Tester

Hope this helps!
Der Strom

Hi sibghat,

here are construction details of an earth moisture sensor. The electrodes are embedded in gypsum which will have the same moisture level as the surrounding soil.

All dimensions are in Millimeters.

I strongly recommend to use stainless steel rods for sensor wires for least or no corrosion. Otherwise you must recon on replacing the sensor every six to twelve months.

(Wires can be soft soldered to stainless steel applying enough heat and using flux. Before soldering use sulfuric acid to remove the protection layer of the steel, rinsing it thoroughly with water after applying the acid.)

I have a controller circuit under development allowing any moisture level from 5% to soaking wet, depending on the plants to be watered.

Boncuk

Attachments

• EARTH-HUMIDITY-SENSOR.gif
    EARTH-HUMIDITY-SENSOR.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back