Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software used to create breadboard image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

behrendfry

Does anyone know what software is used to create images like the one attached to this post?

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 312
Thats a really cool looking image :)
I wouldn't be surprised if someone had spent ages in photoshop in making that.

hmmm... if such an app doesn't exist, you could write it - easy job to do

I'd like some software which would take a circuit diagram and do a neat looking layout on stripboard for you. Not that it's difficult to do it yourself, just that it'd save on the time and mistakes which naturally occur when you plan it out yourself. It'd be great too if you could specify a load of options as to how you want the components and linking wire laid out. I've so far not had any success finding an app that would do this though.

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
I'd like some software which would take a circuit diagram and do a neat looking layout on stripboard for you. Not that it's difficult to do it yourself, just that it'd save on the time and mistakes which naturally occur when you plan it out yourself. It'd be great too if you could specify a load of options as to how you want the components and linking wire laid out. I've so far not had any success finding an app that would do this though.

Brian

There is a program called 'Lochmaster', which does strip boards. I got the demo version a while back, but never did more than take one quick look. Don't remember the company name, but you should find it with a search.

The breadboard, maybe something from CrocodileClips...

HarveyH42 said:
There is a program called 'Lochmaster', which does strip boards. I got the demo version a while back, but never did more than take one quick look. Don't remember the company name, but you should find it with a search.

I checked out Lochmaster. Not quite what I was looking for - I wanted an application which would take a circuit diagram and create a neat and compact stripboard layout from it for you. The tool you've shown is merely a convenient stripboard design program which allows you to design your own layouts on the computer - but you still have to do the designing.

Still, a useful tool none the less! It certainly beats doing it on paper...

Brian

I've used eagle to do this. enter the schematic, get it right and then switch to the PCB editor. Use a .1" grid, draw the +V and gnd rails, draw some boxes in the dimension layer for where the components shoud be, and lay out the parts. The airwires show where each wire should go. I'll usually route power and gnd and some signal wires when it helps to disambiguate. It's not perfect but it makes the BB process go faster and allows easy checking for errors.

I only do this about 1/4 of time or less since usually the BB is pretty straight forward directly from the schematic.

ThermalRunaway said:
I checked out Lochmaster. Not quite what I was looking for - I wanted an application which would take a circuit diagram and create a neat and compact stripboard layout from it for you. The tool you've shown is merely a convenient stripboard design program which allows you to design your own layouts on the computer - but you still have to do the designing.

Still, a useful tool none the less! It certainly beats doing it on paper...

Brian

Sorry about that. I have used much stripboard since I started etching my own boards. I just took a quick look, thought I could have used that a couple of years ago...

Yeah it's still a useful application, there's no doubt about that. But it'd be great if it'd take your circuit diagrams and do it all for you!

Then again, I probably wouldn't be satisfied with that anyway. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that - I only run straight wires, everything has to be neat and well laid out, and I always lay my components out in a certain way. Unless the program was very configurable, I doubt it'd satisfy my needs ;)

Brian

ThermalRunaway said:
Yeah it's still a useful application, there's no doubt about that. But it'd be great if it'd take your circuit diagrams and do it all for you!

There was a program a few years ago, I think it was called 'Stripboad Magic'?, I actually bought it - but it was really pretty crap!.

I currently use Lochmaster for my layouts, and SPlan (from the same people) for my circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back