Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software Upgrade(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabravo

Is it just me or are other people waiting 30-60 seconds for page loads on their broadband connections. It sure seems like it is spending a lot of time thinking.

Drat! I didn't think this site was slow, but I know what you mean now! Some things are fast, but a lot of things are painfully slow.

In the last few days it takes many seconds after clicking on a forum or topic before it loads.
Sometimes it waits a long time to finish posting a reply.

I'm on dial-up 56k, and not seeing these delays. The first couple of days after the upgrade were a little slow, but not that bad.

"Web site found, waiting for reply". And waiting and waiting and waiting.

I get dizzy watching the "activity" thing in internet Exolorer going around and around and around and around around and around ...

I have been getting e-mails of replies to posts today that are about 4 hours late.

So, that newsletter from "electro.tech.online.com@gmail.com" is authentic? Any insight as to why the From: address is gmail? It went straight to my spam bin, lucky I noticed it.

Is it just me or are other people waiting 30-60 seconds for page loads on their broadband connections. It sure seems like it is spending a lot of time thinking.

hi pb,
My access to the forum site has slowed right down again,also takes ages after hitting the 'submit' button when posting.

Checked other common web sites, working as normal.

Just now I tried getting in 4 times. Each time I waited 15 seconds and saw "Website found. Waiting for reply". I gave up after 15 seconds. The 4th time took about 6 seconds for the page to load.

Before it loaded instantly.

Page loads are at 8-12 seconds today. Better, but it still seems like things used to be faster. Comcast (a cable company) has also been managing traffic with connection resets and I had one of those yesterday. I'm deeply suspicious of them and would like to know if there are tools that would expose the source of the slowdown.

Alrighty! I've been tinkering again ;-)

I have shifted all 17,000 attachments that you members :D have uploaded which has taken some load of the database (used to be 1.7 GB in size, now 500MB).

As well as that I believe that the Google Analytics code was also playing a part in slowing down the forum so that has been removed!

Will await your feedback..

It is better for me now. This page loads in 6 seconds to 9 seconds. Other pages here take 3 seconds. Before they all loaded immediately.

Google loads in 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back