Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi All,

We've just upgraded to the latest version of forum software and pleased to see no (or very little) interruption has taken place.

Here are some of the new features:
- Symbols are back! When posting a new thread or replying look at the buttons near the end of the tool bar.
- Latex Editor is back! This is also now working in the editor bar - click the Latex Editor button.
- Spoiler code button. If you want to not spoil things and give the answer to anyone who reads your post, wrap it in a spoiler tag. The button is in the Insert menu.
- EXIF Rotation, when uploading sideways images from digital cameras it will auto rotate it.

As always if you see anything submit a bug report in the bugs forum here.

Regards,
EM

Thanks EM

I am slowly getting used to xenForo Software. Frustrating at first for me though......

But it seems that a wise choice has once again been made by those in the "know". I was and still am very familiar with vBulletin.
So we progress. Heck, got to keep up with the times....

Last edited:
It is great to have the latex editor again! That is one thing I've definitely missed!

I must say, I have really grown to like this new software. It is easier to navigate and to use, as well as having many more features. Great work!

- Spoiler code button. If you want to not spoil things and give the answer to anyone who reads your post, wrap it in a spoiler tag. The button is in the Insert menu.
EM

Sorry EM,

I tried the "spoiler" option.

I even assigned a text to it but as far as I can see, means nothing to the result (and the assigned text is not shown)

Am I using it in the wrong way?

Maybe an example?

Maybe you could also move my post to another place. Sorry for that!!

Testing the spoiler tags, and this is the spoiler message.

atferrari , first hit the "spoiler" button. It will ask you for a title, which will hint at the spoiler's content. Then hit "ok" and enter text between the created tags. This will be the spoiler itself.

Nice one EM.
Glad to see the Symbols back.
Can't see the purpose of the Spoiler thing. If it hides text, why post it??

It is great to have the latex editor again! That is one thing I've definitely missed!

I must say, I have really grown to like this new software. It is easier to navigate and to use, as well as having many more features. Great work!

Hi Matt

Change is always hard to get used to :)
Admittedly...I battled with xenForo at first....but now that all is being sorted, it's looking better and better.

Last edited:
atferrari , first hit the "spoiler" button. It will ask you for a title, which will hint at the spoiler's content. Then hit "ok" and enter text between the created tags. This will be the spoiler itself.

Text in between tags

But no the actual spoiler's text (between tags). Why?

Hi Matt

Change is always hard to get used to :)
Admittedly...I battled with xenForo at first....but now that all is being sorted, it's looking better and better.

I battled with it at first as well. I really did not like the new layout. But EM has done an astounding job of making it look like the vbulletin software, only it has more features. I admire him greatly for all his hard work!

But no the actual spoiler's text (between tags). Why?

I'm not quite sure I'm following. If you clicked the spoiler button (with the title) it will display the text. For example:

Code:
[SPOILER="Spoiler title"]Spoiler text[/SPOILER]

brings up the following:

Spoiler text

Now, when you click on the button it reveals the spoiler text.

Can't see the purpose of the Spoiler thing. If it hides text, why post it??

The spoiler button doesn't hide text completely. It will, however, hide it until you click it, then it will reveal the full (spoiler) text.

The spoiler button doesn't hide text completely. It will, however, hide it until you click it, then it will reveal the full (spoiler) text.
OK Now I know!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now, as you could see in the posts before, I tried that option and know how it works.

Could you find the way to avoid the word "Spoiler" actually showing up? It does not serves to any useful purpose. I find it confusing. Just the title is enough.

:confused:Sorry EM, but I still don't see how it applies to homework help (or anything else). If we can see the spoiler text so can the OP seeking help. Why would you want to 'hide' text from either the OP or others? Might be ok in a quiz game, or as a Farcebook gimmick; but that's not what these forums are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back