Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software Upgrade ... limited down time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmiyares

Administrator
Hello everyone...

You might have noticed we were out for about 20 mins over night. We had to make an upgrade to the core software (PHP) running on the ETO website. Tonight we will be upgrading the software (Xenforo).

If you notice anything out of the ordinary please let me know ASAP either here or by email me at dmiyares AT wtwhmedia.com

Thanks & enjoy your day

-Dave Miyares

Thank you for the "heads up".

JimB

Whelp... came in today to check version on the site and see the update didn't happen... I quickly updated everything about 10am EST.

Am now working on reverting back the icons...

Which menu? Login menu?
EDIT: AH! Floating nav. Yeah found it in the repo from the last commit.

<xen:include template="eto_float_navigation" />

added back in. Let me know if that does it. Might have to flush cache

ctrl-shift-reload

Last edited:
Apparently this is a result of the upgrade? I get the same result using Chrome or Firefox on my Android phone. In portrait mode, half the screen is covered. It's ok if u use landscape mode.

Please fix this.

SmartSelectImage_2017-02-10-09-04-13.png

Touch wood,

Since the upgrade, ETO has been much faster, in Somerset UK anyway.

In one instance, I uploaded a file and it was so fast that I didn't think the upload had worked, so I tried again and again only to find that the upload had, in fact, been instant at the first attempt.

I hope this speed persists because, at the moment, ETO is much more pleasant to use, especially when uploading a number of relatively large files, pdfs for example.

Thanks to those concerned. The work is much appreciated.:cool:

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back