Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

software for pcb design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanasingaraja

Hi friends,

I want to learn pcb design process and a good software for pcb layout desing.i found lot of software in internet.but i don't know which one is best?
pls help me........

How much do you want to pay?

What are you going to be designing? Controlled impedance microwave strip lines? Do you need 40 layers? Do you need large boards like 10" x 16"? Do you need 3D modeling? Do you need an interface to simulation tools?

I use Sprint Layout 5.0 - does what I need it to do, is fast to learn, component layouts can be created in minutes and its generally quite a nice package to use.

I use Eagle lite, which works if you want no more than 2 layers. If you want more, you'd need to buy the professional version.

Eagle is my preference, but I have heard of people using ExpressPCB (not one of my favorites) and various others. The link that 3v0 posted should help a lot. In most situations, I'd highly recommend installing .

Regards,
Der Strom

I've just switched away, or am in the process of doing so, from ExpressPCB. I found it quicky and easy to use, particularly when making custom components, but at the same time you're locked into using their service. Price wasn't a huge concern when I was just doing a couple boards here and there, but now that I'm ordering stuff by the hundreds.... price is a bit more important.

I was recommende to try KiCad, which is working out well so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back