Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sockets or smd

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

looking at videos of doing smd soldering and seeing how the parts are much cheaper should I attempt this method??
don't know if one dosn't try.
nothing really complicated just 8 lm837, 84066's and couple other chips.
only one I couldn't find smd is the lm3916
videos make it look easy but??
also need to look at pc board layout. have it in expresspcb but not sure if they have smd layouts? may have to custom make component layout.
any thoughts on this subject??

MrDEB said:
looking at videos of doing smd soldering and seeing how the parts are much cheaper should I attempt this method??
don't know if one dosn't try.
nothing really complicated just 8 lm837, 84066's and couple other chips.
only one I couldn't find smd is the lm3916
videos make it look easy but??
also need to look at pc board layout. have it in expresspcb but not sure if they have smd layouts? may have to custom make component layout.
any thoughts on this subject??

It's dead easy. Give it a shot.

SOIC and anything larger are very easy. Try to stay away from packages that have a lot of solder surface area underneath the part (power devices mainly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back