Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So this is how China does it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. The recycling, decontamination and storage of hazardous materials is so expensive, that US companies sell the garbage to chinese pirates.

They then subcontract work to peasants to smash, smelt and extract the valuable metals-gold, copper, silver and aluminum, from electronic devices for like 50 USD per month. While the poisonous, dangerous metals like lead, chromium, zinc, HFCs and mercury seep into their ground, contaminate their land and water or burn into gases and pollute our air.

I can understand the desperate need for the peasants to support themselves, and they probably dont care. my god, the poor people are starving to death!

But Us companies and the chinese believe it is a quick solution to an overall long term problem. and i believe with that attitude it will destroy us all in the long term.

and my point is, the chinese will do just about anything to make a buck or cut a corner. these third world and semi-third world countries exchange principles for a momentary economic booster shot.

Last edited:
lots of peasant class Americans were subjected to horrible working conditions for decades through our industrial revolution. Many were forced into indentured servitude by greedy corporations looking to squeeze every penny, living in cities owned by the company. "sold my soul to the company store" is just a song lyric now, but it was the truth for many people a few hundred years ago.

it's no different for China - they are making a huge change in their society and have to get through it.

Working in China may not be fun by my standards but:
They are making many times what they did “in the rice fields”. It is indoors. Farm work is very dangerous. The people I talked to seem very grateful for the opportunity. Each year things will get better.

I hear people say, “stop buying from XXXX” because they only make $?/hour. In their world these are high paying jobs using skilled workers. They are lucky to make that much money! There are movie actors that make $1,000,000/month trying to shut down factories because the pay is low. What are these people going to do when they lose their “high paying” job?

I know there are bad places that should be shutdown. Generally this is a stepping-stone to a better life.

justDIY said:
... "sold my soul to the company store" is just a song lyric now, but it was the truth for many people a few hundred years ago.
It is still true today. What do you call engineers and software developers working uncompensated overtime?

"Sixteen tons(or lines of code) and whadya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt."

It was a great song BTW

I hired Russian programmers to write code. Good code for very little $. Don’t think you’re job can’t be out sourced. I am working for less than I did last year.

I think I gotcha beat. I'm working for less than I made 20 years ago. And now that you mention it all my coworkers seem to be Russians. Cue the Twilight Zone music please -- presented for your consideration.....

Last edited:
ronsimpson said:
I hired Russian programmers to write code. Good code for very little $. Don’t think you’re job can’t be out sourced. I am working for less than I did last year.

You and a hoard of other people. When I started work in the software industry it was a good job with good hours, pay, and benifits.

Now it is bad hours, good to fair pay, and shrinking benifits. There are worse jobs.

well basically its because of the difference in monetary value, our penies are their pounds and obviously people in the background are making HUGE profits on both them that have a low (by our standards) salary and us who are paying more for that labour than the laborours got. the mission should not be close them factorys it should be A lets make sure they are respecting laws on being ecological and B lets tell out damned f---ing goverments to stop thinking of their PERSONAL profits (because oh yes every MP etc has his little buisines and personal interest to look after) and start aiding the creation of our own industries again. I am yet to buy an article make in the UK and most of what I buy that is made in china is cheap crap. if chinas economy was suddenly to have the sa,me value as ours we would become the poor countries and would probably start making our own stuff again with much better value for money.

and before people screem at me yes I've been on the receiving end unpacking sample orders and pulling out of packet shirts that were already falling apart before they were packed and have enough thread in them to make 1/3 a decent shirt but cause they only cost 25 pence we mugs buy them

This looks fake to me.

You can't see what they're making or what the press is actually doing.

Thunderchild said:
well basically its because of the difference in monetary value, our penies are their pounds and obviously people in the background are making HUGE profits on both them that have a low (by our standards) salary and us who are paying more for that labour than the laborours got. the mission should not be close them factorys it should be A lets make sure they are respecting laws on being ecological and B lets tell out damned f---ing goverments to stop thinking of their PERSONAL profits (because oh yes every MP etc has his little buisines and personal interest to look after) and start aiding the creation of our own industries again. I am yet to buy an article make in the UK and most of what I buy that is made in china is cheap crap. if chinas economy was suddenly to have the sa,me value as ours we would become the poor countries and would probably start making our own stuff again with much better value for money.

and before people screem at me yes I've been on the receiving end unpacking sample orders and pulling out of packet shirts that were already falling apart before they were packed and have enough thread in them to make 1/3 a decent shirt but cause they only cost 25 pence we mugs buy them

Right but you figure in this day and age, we'd be educated and disciplined enough not to repeat the mistakes of the past!!

but $$$$$ talks.

quixotron said:
Right but you figure in this day and age, we'd be educated and disciplined enough not to repeat the mistakes of the past!!

but $$$$$ talks.

Yeah, it's too bad "this day and age" means different things depending on where you are.

quixotron said:
and my point is, the chinese will do just about anything to make a buck or cut a corner.

And what do you think we're doing when we send our rubbish over there in the first place? Making bucks and cutting corners? Yes I think so!!!

Brian

dknguyen said:
Yeah, it's too bad "this day and age" means different things depending on where you are.

Well if they were faithful to the lord, they will have the things they need to survive.

And what do you think we're doing when we send our rubbish over there in the first place? Making bucks and cutting corners? Yes I think so!!!

ahhhh...EPA laws were instituted against that! chinese will do it anyways, destroying themselves and their neighbors!

quixotron said:
Well if they were faithful to the lord, they will have the things they need to survive.

AHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

The religious guy should stay in church instead of commenting here.

Audioguru said:

Aye!

{added to make it 10 characters...}

Marks256 said:
AHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

yes someone needs his silly rear end kicking and to close that carefully written book written only to mislead him (no I don't mean the bible) and start looking at the REAL WORLD and yes hero is right the lvideo does look a bit pointless they could achive more by just banging on the ground with hammers

quixotron said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

audioguru said:
I think it's my fault. I must have started him off with the 'Do you believe in God' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back