Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So much for assylm seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Guys,

On the job i have just finished I got to have a good talk to a guy that lived in the unit behind the job job I was doing. By the guy's accent I thought it was eastern European but in fact he came from Iran.

This morning he knocked on the door and asked me to come look at the load he had on a rental ute and asked the best way to tie it down. I asked him to get all the ropes he had and I would do it as the cops here will pick anything and charge you with incorrect loading.

As I was tieing the load down he told me his story........

6 years ago they came on a boat husband,wife, 3 young kids and motherinlaw, they spent 4 years in detention and 2 years ago they were released into society. But no medicare or unemployment benefits and every job the guy started as soon as they found out he was sacked. He said it has now come to a point where the oppressed country we came from has better life conditions than Australia.

So where our govt and particularly the opposition are saying 'STOP THE BOATS' really what they are doing is oppressing these people so bad the countries they were fleeing from seem a better place.

So is this good govt policy or a crime against humanity and should the pollies that make policies be tried in the Hague for crimes against humanity.

Until I heard this poor families story little did I know just how badly done by they were and if it wasn't for the Iranian community coming to their aid this family would of been in dire straights.

Whats the govt should be saying is try to come here and WE WILL OPPRESS YOU worse than the country you came from and make you want to go back.

Yet here I thought we lived in a democracy but in reality all isn't what it seems.....

......................................................................................................................................................

OK I have opened a can of worms.... politics.......

Lets have good discussion about it (TVTech let your hair down) and keep the thread civil

I will recommend if ANY member wants to flout the guidelines of a good discussion be forced to have a short holiday as too many threads of a similar nature have had to be locked and in cases by the OP who started the thread.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Regards Bryan

Tell them to come to finland. Here the government will give them an apartment and good welfare. They don't need to work at all for living.

They say that if you are born in finland it is the same as winning in lottery.. I say that if you are born in finland, you need to move to somalia and come back as refugee. That is the same as winning in lottery.

yea we used to be called 'the lucky country' but in 2003 when Howard got in it all ended and it's been downhill since

yea we used to be called 'the lucky country' but in 2003 when Howard got in it all ended and it's been downhill since

Finland is bad country if you want to run your own business.. good country if you are lazy and do not have any ambition to go forward in life.

Hi,

Some complex issues. I like the quote though, "We need to investigate the policies on making policies". Some of the policies on more unfortunate people are made without ever experiencing for one minute what they had gone through up to that point in their lives. It seems evident that sometimes they just dont care about people, they care about politics.

I worked a rank and file worker for 30 years as a fitter but now I work for myself and it's the best thing I ever did. But looking at the big picture it is easy to see the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. With the NSA doing bugging on everyone how long will it be before the prison camps start. Just go look at Jessie Venturers YouTube clips to see what I mean. On the news today was a new place in the ACT thats bugging central so people that think facebook is a good place to be well guys you are being monitored.

This brings a good question for our owner of this forum is the content used for datalogging of members.

The world is changing and maybe quicker than the eye can blink one has to open their eyes.......

Hi bryan and all you Guys

Well, I did say no more political stuff for me. So I will keep this post of mine on a Humanitarian level only...

I think that it is shocking that innocent people with their families are treated as criminals when fleeing to another Country for refuge from the horrors of their Homeland. These poor people did not decide to leave on a whim. They left because they saw a better life in said country...

Given half a chance, you would probably find that they would have been self supportive in no time. And adding to the GDP in their own little way.

Where I live, our local geniuses trash and burn foreigners that they see as unwanted competition to their own lazy, useless, spaza shop way of doing things. The foreigners are do or die in the way they run their little business. And they mostly succeed. They know they have nothing to fall back on if they fail. So they literally work their backsides off.

And, the final thing. And I am in the thick of all this:

I have had white people begging from me when walking down the street. I have had previously disadvantaged (now empowered but still useless) people begging from me when walking down the street.

Never, ever though, a foreigner. They work hard and all have their little businesses and don't rely on a foreign government for hand outs.

And that my friends is why our useless locals here hate them.

Best regards,
tvtech

Here illegals get free medical care. It is part of what makes our system not work. They walk into an emergency room where the law say the can't be refused. The cost of X in an emergency room is several times that of what it would be in a clinic. That makes it worse.

We have a flood of people coming in from Mexico. Many do not come to be an american. They just want to milk the system, refuse to learn English, and let the rest of us poor fools pay the bill. The people I know who cam from Mexico years ago despise these people.

They just want to milk the system

I don't know if this is true, but I've heard that some people collect monthly benefits (welfare) in finland and then take a cheap ferry ride to Sweden and collect the welfare money there. Then they buy tax-free alcohol on the way back to finland..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back