Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So good to be tvtech again

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi guys

xenForo is software developed by original vBulletin people.......I read that on the Net.
Why do they make simple things so difficult to do any sort of password recovery...no options for anything. No options whatsoever...

Here is how this whole thing rocks....

Loose your password with xenForo...and there is no means or way to to recover/change it outside of xenForo. You need to Log into a xenForo site first.

Problem is you canno't do that.....because you have no way in. Effectively you are stuffed. Blocked. No Password.

Think about this....

In order to reset your Password....you need to access the site.....

What a stuff up.

So you are forced to create another account to tell people you canno't access your old one. And do what I had to do.....

Surely, Password recovery can be easier. xenForo, catch a wake up. Please. I wonder how many members worldwide you have thrown away from Forums that are not aware of this. Fix the problem pronto. Or at least explain or post fixes. Just don't sit there and do nothing. I am on your ass like a rabid hound. I need answers. And soon. Otherwise I make it known everywhere.

And that is always a good thing for people that trust people/companies.

You guys know the road. Why this stupid way of doing things....

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Ever try to change a lost password for Google g-mail and keep your username? I ended up having to re-register . My children, though, kinda like my new user name there, so there is always a silver lining. No, it is not Papa John :)

John

Surely, Password recovery can be easier. xenForo, catch a wake up. Please. I wonder how many members worldwide you have thrown away from Forums that are not aware of this. Fix the problem pronto. Or at least explain or post fixes. Just don't sit there and do nothing. I am on your ass like a rabid hound. I need answers. And soon. Otherwise I make it known everywhere.

Expressing displeasure in this forum probably won't get the attention of xenForo. You can rest easy now, because the password recovery issue was brought to xenForo's attention in 2010 and was implemented. Read https://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-forget-my-password.3553/ for more details.

Last edited:
Geeez :eek: I thought you were leaving :confused:

==

Stupid way of doing stuff. As a Yes/No question and the responses are OK and Cancel.:rolleyes:

==

My ISP locked me out because of too many login attempts. Fortunately, the modem password stayed the same. I have nearly zero reasons to log in to their website, so it was someone else "hacking".
I get a TXT message on my cell that I was locked out.

They can use a cell on file or another email on file and then they ask to add more recovery options like "Dog's name". Then for each piece of info that i added, I got a land line call that asked if I changed it recently,

Anyway, no one is going to hack it because the length is around 15 to 20 characters long and I don;t set if for auto log-on either, But then there are breaches of their security.

it's also funny that sites that should be using very strong passwords won;t let you use things like dots and dashes. Just recently, Keysight, the new Agilent said you HAVE to use a special character in your password.

Gmail and yahoo have recovery options set. I'm not ready for two tier log-ins for the mainstream yet. e.g. You want to log in and a token is set to your cell opening a login window using that token,

Last edited:
Geeez :eek: I thought you were leaving :confused:

As hard as I try I always come back home to ETO. I love this relaxed place and it's Members way too much.
No more trips for me . Sure I can venture out and really have a rant on a Forum dedicated to that kind of stuff (Political)...I am a member of a few of them...

Thing is, once I have said my say there and got my frustrations out of my system....I still need a home. So I always end up back here at ETO.

Most of you think I might be a little crazy :eek:
Nah. I am as sane as they come.

A little story about what happened today....

I happen to live next door to a Butchery. I have seen people come and go who are supposed to run the place. I have seen Managers leave and all kinds of things happen...people being stabbed etc..

Anyway, a white chick with RED hair somehow managed to become Manager of this Butchery that caters 99% of the time for black trade. Tough cookie I thought when I saw her the first time. Fiery red hair, does not speak much, sure of herself. A Lady but walks like a Man. Weary of her.

She and her noisy clan have lasted around two Years here in this dunghole. Today she lost it totally...

"Apparently" she caught a black man stealing in the Butchery....she threw him out of the shop. He left and then she proceeded to kick his head to the pavement outside......

Blood everywhere. And then the Cops arrived. The Cops tried to phone the Ambulance service....no answer.
So the Cops drove to the Ambulance service...all had their shoes off and relaxing and not answering the phone.....fat useless xxxx

I live with this crap.

No wonder I rant as much as I do.

I am a White guy. Living amongst these inhuman people. I figured I would last around Six Months....that was almost 8 Years ago.....I am still here and reporting about everything.

Spiders tried to nail me. Stupid people and clowns try and get me down.
No way. Someone has to tell the story. The way it is. I am happy to tell it if I have an audience.

You have to live this stuff to believe it.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
hey tech, to be honest, i thought you were black, not white guy, dunno where this came to my mind....
anyhow, i found couple goodies on local auction, so couple teardowns coming up. ip67 aluminum case + 2 industrial psu's and over-temperature fuse all in same package, costed around 30 euros.
another find was another pile of psu's for 50 euros, package consists again industrial psu's and one mascot psu that on its own costs around 93 euros as new.
and last find is currently pending, havent won it yet: 19'' rack which has 110-330vdc in->24vdc out converter, amperage is unknown, currently around 20 euros.
nice findings IMO

another smaller find was 20pcs spark-gaps, to-3 fets, and 40ka varistors (huge ones btw!) for 2 euros. and schuko-tester from local flea marker for 5€...

^^^^^LOL Fez

I am as white as they come. In a dark/black environment :).
It will be interesting to see if this white chick keeps her job tomorrow....

<snip>

Anyway Fez, post shots of your latest teardowns, I will check them out :)

All the best,
tvtech

Mod note: Tvtech, please try to avoid racist comments in your posts

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll find some people like that no matter where you go. It has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Hi Matt

Live it, feel it, experience it here where I am. In the midst of things. Not wonderful Cape Town. Tourists go there and think all is good. Showcase and all. I am in the thick of things here. The origin of all stuff policy related to the ruling party....

It has EVERYTHING to do with Race here, but it would be bad to spell it out.
Certain individuals of darker complexions take offense when they are classified as ....lets just say "intellectually challenged". It happens here all the time here lately.

Strange hey??

Live on ETO. Great place :)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
hey tech, to be honest, i thought you were black, not white guy, dunno where this came to my mind....
I wondered this too for around 10 seconds then came to the conclusion that it made absolutely no difference to me so carried on with my life :)

Probably time I left for real.

I am doing ETO and it's Members no favors by harping on about things they cannot understand...

South Africa and its problems only South Africans can understand.

See Ya,
tvtech

In America you still have poverty and ignorance (White, Black, etc.) For some it's an Environmental or even Traditional connection. For those raised in a community of individuals who watch others around them who don't work and get by for years and years on the Welfare of others; Governmental support or even crime. As long as the Society around them continue in those traditions they will never get a proper education (why do it; if you could live your hole life that way)

In the U.S. some join the military only to find out their officers need key people with the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill their job responsibility and without an education they will never be able to rise above their current rank. I didn't realize when I finished college that I would have to continuing to learn at all times. In or out of a University if you choose a career in "Technology" you will continue your education or you may just find yourself out of a job; if suddenly what you know dries up and is no long needed and now it's the next big thing is what you should know about.

@KISS. Thanks for commenting. Stay well Buddy.
@ KV...you nailed it. That is exactly what is happening now. More Social Grants everytime ends up in more useless people.
That is EXACTLY what the ruling party is doing here now...They need to protect their Majority...and I am living amongst this stupidity here...
Keep em stupid and they will keep Voting and depending on Government subsidies...

That's the plan they have in place. Awaiting a backfire of note when the Subsidies dry up..as in the Munny (Money) is gone/been stolen.

Thanks KV.

Your post was much appreciated.

Regards,
tvtech

wohoo! i won auction for that dc-dc converter too, hopefull my money isnt in waste....

(got about 5 or so packages coming to my home in couple weeks....hopefully parents'll understand this is my hobby, hehe...)

LOL, crazy collector you :):)

Well done Fez. I need to see what's in there and all.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back