Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Snubber for L298n Motor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

micropad

Dear All,

Attached picture I design for line following robot ( not yet finalized )

Please advice me, how may I add Snubber Network for this cct. ( Resistor and Capacitor)

I searched on Google Snubber for L298n , but I did not find it

Please advice
Thanks in advance
line following.GIF

Last edited:
Hi,

Never seen a L298 motor circuit with a snubber network.

What makes you think they should have one ? No mention of it being needed in the L298 datasheet.

Just ensure both supply rails have 100nf close to the L298 chip and that the pcb follows the general rules shown in the datasheet.

Look on page 6 https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/03/L298N.pdf

When the current flowing is DC, a simple rectifier diode is often employed as a snubber. The snubber diode is wired in parallel with an inductive load (such as a relay coil or electric motor). The diode is installed so that it does not conduct under normal conditions. When the external driving current is interrupted, it flows instead through the diode. The stored energy of the inductor is then gradually dissipated by the diode voltage drop and the resistance of the inductor itself. One disadvantage of using a simple rectifier diode as a snubber is that the diode allows current to continue flowing for some time, causing the inductor to remain active for slightly longer than desired. Circuit designs must consid this delay in the dropping-out of the actuator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back