Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS Transmitter Project, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy.Pagett

For my third year project I am designing a product to improve medical adherence. I would like the device to send an SMS to the patient if they have not taken the medication after a prolonged period of time. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of project? Much help appreciated.

For my third year project I am designing a product to improve medical adherence. I would like the device to send an SMS to the patient if they have not taken the medication after a prolonged period of time. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of project? Much help appreciated.

There are several threads in the forums based on sending SMS Text messages and emails to a cell phone.

I see it this way. For a system, any sort of system to know a patient has skipped meds the patient would somehow need to tell the system when meds were taken as prescribed. Have you given any thought as to what the "system" should be?

Project help with projects of this nature generally go much better if you could provide some information as to what you have in mind. The more info you provide the better members can suggest additional ideas or ways to go about it.

Sending a SMS Text message from a computer that is online (running Windows) is relatively easy. Determining how to trigger an alert gets a little more complicated.

Ron

I was thinking the patient could set up their desired regimen online, this would then be linked to a dispenser which will monitor the usage times and if it has not been used at the correct time an SMS alert would be sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back