Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS transmitter project.. need help/suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

randzkim

hi there, i need some help regarding this topic. i want to create a project that can send SMS using any cellphone model available(probably the cheapest) in the market through the use of PC. i need a program that will interface the cellphone to the PC. your suggestions and help is very much appreciated!.. thankz..

In general, there are 2 ways to send SMS messages from a PC to mobile phone:
(1). Connect a mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem to a PC. Then use the PC and AT commands to instruct the mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem to send SMS messages.
(2). Connect the PC to the SMS center (SMSC) or SMS gateway of a wireless carrier or SMS service provider. Then send SMS messages using a protocol / interface supported by the SMSC or SMS gateway.

One way to send AT commands to a mobile phone or GSM/GPRS modem is to use a terminal program.

ei thankz for the idea.. i've really appreciated it.. i'm just starting to know details about this project that i'm building ^_^.. thank you very much!..

Unfortunately the cheapest phones usually don't have a PC interface, buying a 2nd hand phone will be very cheap. All mobiles seem to use the same AT commands.

can i use programming software(esp. Visual C++) to use the AT command instead of hyper terminal of microsoft?.. i'm planning to build a user friendly program to support sending SMS from PC.. ^_^

There are plenty of SMS programs around and the manufacuters of the phones even supply SMS programs. It can be done, take note that most phones are now USB and drivers for the USB interface will be required.

contact me on my YM i can help you dr_aybyd@yahoo.com
There so many ways on how to coonect and send sms using your computer and gsm phone via serial or usb connection, like FBUS connection and some active x that can be found over the net.

Since this posting has been dragged up again. We use a PCI GSM modem from Amplified Engineeering as the handheld mobiles seem to keep locking up.
A bit more expensive, a lot more reliable.

I can second Super_voip.
I don't use them myself, but I know someone who does... It's probably the best way to do it.

@randzkim

chat with me. my YM is posted. I can explain more to you on how to connect to your gsm phone.

This my sample software, codes by me in Visual Basic 6.0,..using Serial Cable, USB Cable, Bluettoth or Infrared.

**broken link removed**

This is another one.

**broken link removed**

I am using Bluetooth connection, COM port or USB Connection. Infrared connection also supported.

You can use AT+ Command.
This software can support Nokia, Ericson, Siemens etc....

Attachments

• SMSSender.jpg
    SMSSender.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 163
  • smsb.jpg
    smsb.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back