Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS remote control (PIC16F873A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louyit

hey guys, can i request for the source code of SMS base remote control to turn on relays with SMS using PIC16F873A plz?tell me if u need additional info about my project.thanks for ur help!:D

Last edited:
Thx mea for the sources, but here are a few questions that i wanna ask:
1. Any freewares for writing .ASM code to download?Plz recommend some, cuz i have mikroC but not sure whether can i use it or not.
2. Is PIC16F876 almost similar to PIC16F873A?

Sorry for the above questions, cuz i'm a newbie in doing embedded system projects.

Thanks

Hi guys, i'm having a hard time testing my circuit which uses 16f873a as MCU and a siemens TC35 GSM modem to act as a sms receiver for SMS controlled project, can anybody provide me with some source codes as the existing ASM code that i'm using is not really working :(

i have done this using 'C'.very first thing u check your commands directly using the PC's hyperterminal.i mean to say connect the GSM modem to the PC's Com Port and issue commands that are specified in the AT command set for that specific modem.
Example:type at+cmgf=1 then press ENTER KEY
at+cmgs="1234567890" press CTRL Z
type "SMS TEXT" press Enter and then the sms will be sent to the specified number here the number is 1234567890.let me know

hey mr wagle, thx for ur swift reply.....yeap,i'm ok with the AT command thing using hyper terminal, the problem is my PIC16F873A seems not to be working well with GSM modem, FYI, i'm bad in programming, dat's y i'm forced to get the ASM from others which i have no idea how to troubleshoot it, could u guide me further plz?thx

It's not abt being a good/bad programmer.Please ensure u short pin 7 & pin8 of the GSM modem.Since these signals are not required when using a microcontroller.Just double check if the pins Tx of uController is connected with Rx of GSM modem and Rx of uContorller is connected with Tx of GSM modem.
If this doesn't work,conect ur pic to PC and check for serial Communication.see if the baud rate is set properly.I think this should work.

ok, wat i'm doing is...on MAX232 side's DB9 male, i've short pin 1,4,6, pin 2 to pin7(MAX232), pin 3 to pin 8(MAX232) and pin 5 to GND, izit correct? or as u said, i'll need to short pin 7 and 8, connect pin 2 and 3 to MAX232, pin 5 to GND, neglecting other pins?
As for the PIC to PC serial communication test, may i noe how should i test it please?

Yes first connect the RS232 drivers Tx Pin to Rx pin of PC and Rx Pin to Tx Pin of PC.
See the sample 'c' code for that specific 'C' compiler u r using.i am sure u can find a suitable 'C' code for the same.

Also check MAXRS232 Datasheet.U will understand.Its clearly mention their that what pins come from the ucontroller (input) to the ic and what pins should be connected to the DB9(output to PC) also check the pin diagram for PC side connection of COM port.
Only three lines are required for serial communication i.e.Rx,Tx,Gnd.

Last edited:
alright mr wagle, i'll try dat on monday since i'll need my uni's lab PC for serial port, will keep u updated bout the testing results. thanks!

ok,now i've tested my circuit by loading ADC USART into PIC16F873A,it is working.....able to generate some ASCII code(i guess) on hyperterminal. Now, the problem is i have no idea how should should i write the appropriate C code for my PIC to execute AT command and read AT commands to meet my project's objective of turning on the relays. Helps are badly needed, thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back