Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS controled devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
But kind of pointless.

Hero999 said:
But kind of pointless.
Why pointless? It's OK and it's a starting point for better pojects.

Certainly not pointless. I live on a farm, and often come back late at night. Handy to be able to turn the floodlights on while I'm still five minutes away in the car (thats how long the damn things take to reach full brightness). Also, I work away a lot, and can't always rely on timers and the such to take care of lighting. I do have video over the internet and text messages reporting activity, but can't actually directly control anything. Excellent idea, will investigate it but not on T10's, unless someone can point me in the direction of half a dozen good unlocked ones!

I'm in the UK! Still doesn't solve the problem of when I'm away, and given that SMS is free for me (500 per month limit) it makes sense. BTW I use a simple SMS system and an old phone for my motorbike alarm but thats on another thread. Maybe this is also talk for another thread!

BTW our authorities have today admitted is time to consider the idea of legalizing FM transmitters for iPods for in car use. Apple still can't legally sell them in this country. We all get ours from China!

Last edited:
It's posible to use T10, T28 etc.. Probably can be adapted for older Nokia (but with some direct board soldering). A friend of mine bought a T28 (for another poject) with 8$ (from the flea market), The uC is quite cheap and it's posible to use another type (including PIC) if u have good programing skils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back