Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smps power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam29

hi friends
i want to design a simple smps power supply with +5volts and -5 volts and current rating half ampere. please can anybody provide me the circuit daigram .

will be waiting for replies...
thanks

neelam29 said:
hi friends
i want to design a simple smps power supply with +5volts and -5 volts and current rating half ampere. please can anybody provide me the circuit daigram .

will be waiting for replies...
thanks

LOL IF IT WERE ONLY THAT EASY!

i thought u intelligent people could help me out..wht was the point in laughing i did not understand... if u can seriously help me then only reply

neelam29 said:
i thought u intelligent people could help me out..wht was the point in laughing i did not understand... if u can seriously help me then only reply

I'ts NOT a trivial exercise, I would suggest you buy one - it would be a LOT cheaper. You also don't even mention what it's to be powered from?, we can presume mains?, but it might be from a car battery? - which is completely different.

neelam29 said:

Let me make it clear to you. Building a SMPS is not an easy task let alone designing one.

I think FusionITR has summed up the situation in an honest and true statement.

Can you design the same supply(working in linear mode) from scratch using discrete components without using three terminal voltage regulators? Only then you can start learning how to design a SMPS.

Better you buy a cheap Mobile Charger. Tweak the control biasing feedback and you can get + 5 volt. Just connect a reverse diode from the output of the transformer with the same capacitor and you get a twin polarity +5, 0, -5 volt PS. In india, Calcutta, a Mobile charger costs about Rs.40/- (Less than an US$).

Last edited:
There are IC's available that do make designing a custom SMPS a lot easier now. But ultimately it will still cost more than to just buy one where ever you are.

There are IC's available that do make designing a custom SMPS a lot easier now. But ultimately it will still cost more than to just buy one where ever you are.
Yes, a lot has happened in the three years since this thread died. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back