Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS out put flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismailpp2008

in my Tecktronics TDS100c model internal SMPS is from Emerson , it has been damaged , its TOP244yn IC is gone bad[smoke is there near] , so i replaced with new one , after that out put is coming 3.3v but it will on at 2sec and off at 2sec and repeating , what should i change .see the attached smps photo
20140921_150122.jpg

The usual recommendation is to replace any electrolytic capacitor which shows signs of bulging or leaking. In addition, about half-way up the left side of your pic (just above the big 450V cap), the solder joints of the legs of the component clamped to the heatsink look dodgy.

You should check the Mosfet which is in serial to the transformator. Also check the values of coils at transformator if you have LCR meter looking for a short circuit between coils or bad Q value. You also must check the secondary diodes and power supply for PWM IC, sometimes it takes power from rectified voltage auxiliar coil at transformator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back