Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smooth LED flicker/Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

prprog

I found this circuit on the web and modify to work with an Electret Mike. The purpose is to change the LED light intensity with how soft or hard the electret mike is blow. It will be part of a Wind controlled synth I am designing.

[I have try several times uploading the circuit file without luck - I try . BMP and . GIF] Ok I try on a different PC (Windows 7) and it works!!.with the File Upload . Thanks ericgibbs , I will try that other method sometime.

The question is how do I smooth the transitions from led on/off ?. Now it flicker a bit. Since this will control an audio signal it need to transition without fickler.

Attachments

• ElectrecAmp.GIF
    ElectrecAmp.GIF
    5.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Have you tried Pasting the image using the Image tag on the options Menu.?

E

The LED flickers because the wind pressure acting on the mic diaphragm fluctuates when you blow.

The LED flickers because the wind pressure acting on the mic diaphragm fluctuates when you blow.
Correct. For some sounds and effects that will be very good. But let say that I want to have the option to smooth that flicker , how do I do it?

Instead of blowing why don't you use a steady voice tone when you want no flicker?
If the LM324 has a 5V supply then its output voltage might not go high enough to light a white, blue or bright green LED.

let say that I want to have the option to smooth that flicker , how do I do it?
You could try using a peak-detector circuit.

I was thinking of a 'leaky' peak detector consisting of a diode followed by a cap with a resistor across the cap. This captures the short-term max as a voltage which then decays.

I was thinking of a 'leaky' peak detector consisting of a diode followed by a cap with a resistor across the cap. This captures the short-term max as a voltage which then decays.

That sound very interesting. I will give it a try and let you know.
Thanks,
PRPROG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back