Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smoke alarm schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lompa

does anyone know were i can find the scematics for a smoke detector/alarm, or any good information relating to this topic, thankyou

i would imagine typing 'smoke alarm design' into google would have some good results. or go to https://www.howstuffworks.com/ and search smoke alarms.

um, from my own knowledge, i can tell you that they have a radioactive material, that emits radiation (alpha, i think) to a collector, which measures the amount of radiation received. As smoke passes between the emitter and collector, some of the radiation gets absorbed, and so not as much passes to the receiver. this change is detected, and triggers and alarm.

so most of a smoke alarm is a simple sensor triggered alarm. its the radioactive emitter/receiver that is the tricky bit.

Hope its some use,

Tim

thanks for you help, i was asking this becuase i plan for a project to intergrate wireless links between, simple cheap detectors so that they all go off when just 1 is triggered. this would be cheap and remove any need to hard wire an alarm system.

does anyone have any detail on the sensors, eg is it just a logic 1 or 0 output?

also are they dangerous to tinker with?

GraveYard_Killer said:
check out Motorola's MC14467 smoke detector IC.

thanks, thats looks ideal

does anyone know of any IC's/circut designs that would be best suited to the wireless communication, correct me if i am wrong but could i use a pic microprocessor to transmit a frequency, and also use is to detect a frequency, then use one of the outputs to trigger the alarm system?

or would there be a better way of implementing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back