Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smd's in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

hi gang.

I'm a real novice at eagle ... I've picked up a lot, but still need to learn tons.

recently i've started dabbling in mixing SMD(smt?) devices with through-hole devices on my pcbs.

In the past, I've just gotten 'close' with eagle, and the touched things up with photoshop before printing out my transparency to expose the pcb

I'm sure there is a more proper way to do it... so heres my problem and question:

I have a single sided board with primarily through-hole components, and I want to throw some SMD components on the solder-side (resistors and capacitors)

however, when I place them in eagle, they seem to only go on the component side. I've tried Change-Layer but the part stays on the wrong side (its pads stay red instead of changing to blue) ... so when I try to route a trace to/from that component, it either routes on the wrong side or puts in vias.

so how do I tell eagle I want the smd's on the solder side, not the component side?

thanks!,
justdiy

Perform a "mirror" on the component. Make sure you have "bPlace" enabled in the Display/Hide Layers option box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back