SMD to Through hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Im looking for some parts. The originals are SMD parts and im looking for the equivalent through hole devices.

NDS352AP :
* MOSFET
* Transistor Type:MOSFET
* Transistor Polarity Channel
* Drain Source Voltage, Vds:-30V
* Continuous Drain Current, Id:2A
* On Resistance, Rds(on):80mohm
* Rds(on) Test Voltage, Vgs:-10V
* Drain-Source Breakdown Voltage:-30V RoHS Compliant: Yes

MICROCHIP TC77:
* Temperature Sensor IC
* Termination:SMD
* Package/Case:5-SOT-23
* No. of Pins:5
* Leaded Process Compatible:No
* Operating Temp. Min:-55°C
* Peak Reflow Compatible (260 C):No
* Reel Quantity:3000
* Supply Voltage:3.3V RoHS Compliant: Yes

So far those 2 are SMD and need the same but in through hole. Any help? Thanks.

Last edited:
They don't do a TC77 through hole option but Microchip direct have a "demo board" option which allows easy connection to it:

**broken link removed**

A TC74 is available in a 5 lead TO220 package but it uses the 12C protocol instead of SPI

Wow i rather use the SMD part that a 10:1 price. I can get the TC77 for $1. I rather buy the SMD (at least 5 then lol)

I found they have it in 8Pin SOIC also. Ill get that since its bigger.

Last edited:
There are many parts that are either only avialable in SMD or are much cheaper in SMD.

For a long time I resisted using SMD parts. In some ways it is better. There are so few holes in most projects you can drill them by hand with a pin vice. As a hobby person I feel free to mix through hole and SMD parts.

I would rather install a through hole resistor then solder on a SMD resistor and a jumper. I am thinking 1/8 watt.

I have a good supply of TO-92 regulators so I use them. That sort of thing.

3v0

Last edited:
The issue is that since im not making custom boards as of yet its hard to do some SMD devices. I have in the past split the wholes on a pref board and used it for a smd part and worked fine but its a hassle. I might order some of those nice boards from dip micro but until i can get my laser printer im stuck.

But i would love to solder some smd parts if the board is ready. I would also mix and match with through hole as you say because i would save on drilling.

Ill go smd here i guess. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…