Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD Resistor markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi all,

I have two resistors, can anyone tell what tolerances they are, they have the markings

10B (that is a B not eight)

Or can you not determine it?

Thanks

Steve

If the first is a resistor it should be 1K as in One-Zero and two zeros. I am not sure about the second one.

Ron

Pictures

I have attached some pictures to help with my question.

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

• 01B.jpg
    01B.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 330
Three figures on an SMT resistor indicate the value -- first sig digit, second sig digit, power of 10 multiplier -- of a 5% device.
Four figures on an SMT resistor indicate the value -- first sig digit, second sig digit, third sig digit, power of 10 multiplier -- of a 1% device.

The letter "R" is a decimal point indicator for low values, e.g., 1R8 for 1.8 ohms, 49R9 for 49.9 ohms (1%).

However, I'm no SMT guru, so resistors with better than 1% tolerance? Don't know.
10B? Dunno, either. What does your ohmmeter say about this part? That's the first step in analyzing a part with an unknown value.

and its NOT 10B its 01B not that it helps I havent seen a resistor marked as such
definately needs to be measured to find out :)

Dave

Oops. Went by the text in the OP and didn't check the pics. Measure the thing with an ohmmeter and see if there's low resistance or an open. If open, I'd suspect a cap, value of 0.01µF. However, in most cases it would be marked as "104".

01S
The 01B is 1kΩ
So is the one labelled 102
They use different marking schemes.
The tolerance isn't marked. You have to guess. However, 1% ones aren't expensive.

Outstanding Diver !!
havent seen that list before, has now been saved to component data folder

cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back